Friday, December 2, 2011

Soundtrack to my life: ADELE's 21

You know how when you hear a song on the radio, and it can take you back to a specific place & time? I know that Adele's album, "21", will forever remind me of this year. I not only have the CD, but I also like to jam old-school: 



Betcha didn't know that about me. LOL. I just love that Adele offers her tunes in VINYL. 



I remember hearing "21" for the first time while I was shopping in Barnes & Noble. Every song tickled my ears. The album was just so easy to listen to. It wasn't like some that have only 2 or 3 good songs, and you have to skip over the rest. Every song was a treat! (And although I already had her first album, "19", I was secretly delighted that "21" sounded even better!)
Adele Adkins seems like an old soul to me... I mean have you heard "One and Only" ? This cut could be from the 50s...or 70s!
"21" was nominated for 6 Grammy awards this week:    

  1. Record of the Year : "Rolling In The Deep"
  2. Song of the Year : "Rolling In The Deep"
  3. Album of the Year : 21
  4. Best Pop Solo Performance : "Someone Like You"
  5. Best Pop Vocal Album : 21
  6. Best Short Form Music Video : "Rolling In The Deep"
If you haven't seen the video for "Someone Like You", take a look below. To start, click on the words "You Tube" in the lower right corner of the video. Once the video starts, you may watch it without the AD banner (located on the bottom of the screen) by clicking on the "x" in the upper right corner of the banner. 




Adele co-wrote every song on the album with the exception of "Lovesong". That's one of The Cure's hits. Adele does a wonderful cover of "Lovesong", interpreting it in her own way. It's lovely!

Here are 2 brief interviews with Adele discussing "21". You get to hear snippets of the songs as well as what her inspiration was to write them. In the second interview, you get to hear a bit of "One and Only" I'm telling you it's old-school! To start, click on the words "You Tube" in the lower right corner of the video.





"21" has been a big part of my life this year. I think I've listened to it everywhere: in the kitchen (on my boom-box), in the car, on my computer via iTunes... I particularly remember listening to it on the long drive to see my Dad this summer... I'll never forget it...

Music has the power to uplift, soothe, and heal. Adele's"21" has definitely done that for me. God bless her for using her talent!


If you'd like to learn more about Adele, her official website is here: 
http://www.adele.tv/home/


What are your favorite albums this year?


Thrive, God Bless & XOX

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...